Wednesday, December 4, 2019

praying effectively: Stand Firm in the Lord (Phil.4:1-7)



(Philippians 4:1-7)  Therefore, my beloved brethren whom I long to see, my joy and crown, in this way stand firm in the Lord, my beloved.

I urge Euodia and I urge Syntyche to live in harmony in the Lord. Indeed, true companion, I ask you also to help these women who have shared my struggle in the cause of the gospel, together with Clement also and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all menThe Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Reminder:  "praying effectively" involves knowing God's will.  When we pray in His will (in His name), He may choose to not answer those prayers in the time period that we would like, or HOW we would like - but He will answer those prayers!

It is God's will:
- that we stand firm in the Lord (4:1)
- that we live in harmony in the Lord (4:2)
- that we rejoice in the Lord, always (4:4)
- that we let our gentle spirit be known to all people (4:5)
- that we do not worry about anything (4:6)
- that we go to God for everything in prayer, with a heart that is humble, sincere and thankful (4:6-7)

Today's prayer:

Dear Lord Jesus, thank You for caring about us so much, that You do not want us to worry about anything.  ANYTHING!!!  You ask us to go to You for everything!  

Lord, let this become a habit for us.  Guide us to continually seek out Your strength, unity, gentleness and joy, so that we may live out these things and experience Your peace and protection in our lives.  Amen.

No comments: