Thursday, July 26, 2018

spiritual battle, False Visions Among God's People (Ez.13)

In this chapter of Ezekiel, we are shown two kinds of false prophets who proclaim false visions.  Today will focus on the first, kind.

In God's temple, there were false prophets who were speaking falsehoods in the name of the Lord.

It is like the spiritual leaders in God's Church today who water down the scriptures, thinking it will look more appealing to people (to look more "tolerant" and less "offensive").  Altering God's words like this undermines the efforts of those who are truly building up God's kingdom...

(Ezekiel 13:1-16)  Then the word of the Lord came to me saying, “Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel who prophesy, and say to those who prophesy from their own inspiration, ‘Listen to the word of the Lord! Thus says the Lord God, “Woe to the foolish prophets who are following their own spirit and have seen nothing. O Israel, your prophets have been like foxes among ruins. You have not gone up into the breaches, nor did you build the wall around the house of Israel to stand in the battle on the day of the Lord. They see falsehood and lying divination who are saying, ‘The Lord declares,’ when the Lord has not sent themyet they hope for the fulfillment of their word. Did you not see a false vision and speak a lying divination when you said, ‘The Lord declares,’ but it is not I who have spoken?”’”
Therefore, thus says the Lord God, “Because you have spoken falsehood and seen a lie, therefore behold, I am against you,” declares the Lord God. “So My hand will be against the prophets who see false visions and utter lying divinations. They will have no place in the council of My people, nor will they be written down in the register of the house of Israel, nor will they enter the land of Israel, that you may know that I am the Lord God. 10 It is definitely because they have misled My people by saying, ‘Peace!’ when there is no peace. And when anyone builds a wall, behold, they plaster it over with whitewash; 11 so tell those who plaster it over with whitewash, that it will fall. A flooding rain will come, and you, O hailstones, will fall; and a violent wind will break out. 12 Behold, when the wall has fallen, will you not be asked, ‘Where is the plaster with which you plastered it?’” 13 Therefore, thus says the Lord God, “I will make a violent wind break out in My wrath. There will also be in My anger a flooding rain and hailstones to consume it in wrath. 14 So I will tear down the wall which you plastered over with whitewash and bring it down to the ground, so that its foundation is laid bare; and when it falls, you will be consumed in its midst. And you will know that I am the Lord. 15 Thus I will spend My wrath on the wall and on those who have plastered it over with whitewash; and I will say to you, ‘The wall is gone and its plasterers are gone, 16 along with the prophets of Israel who prophesy to Jerusalem, and who see visions of peace for her when there is no peace,’ declares the Lord God.

From this we see:
- one of Satan's strategies among God's people is to twist God's words

Personal experience:  it's been laid on my heart to pray for and take whatever opportunity is presented - to share the gospel message with a certain friend of mine.  I am also fully aware of the spiritual battle that is involved with this!

The family members who surround her, call themselves Christians (and maybe some or all of them are believers, this is not for me to judge), but they have taken God's words and have twisted them far beyond recognition.  From everything they have posted and "liked" on facebook, I can see very clearly what they all stand for - and very aggressively so!  A lot of the memes posted from the website "Sad Jesus" would actually make Jesus very sad!!!

Any time I have been able to share God's truths with this friend, she runs to her family to ask for their opinions, which completely undermines anything that I have shared with her.  It comes across as a "faith-according-to-their-own-desires-and-imagination" kind of thing!  Then up pops the memes to address what has just been discussed, according to their viewpoints.

They say that they are tolerant and love everyone, but it is quite obvious that they are not tolerant and loving towards anyone who disagrees with them, and/or anyone who remains steadfast in God's word.

"These people" (any Christian who believes that the scriptures are the inerrant word of God) are the enemies to all of society!  So in their eyes, I am misguided, delusional, hateful... and therefore an enemy to all - even to myself!

Yet - this friend has started to and continues to ask me to pray for her anytime she is facing something stressful!!!

And as I pray, I also ask God to make her realize that as these prayers are answered, she will see very clearly that it is not coincidental, but it is all because of God!

In fact, one day I told her I'd be praying that she would have enough energy to clean her home.  A few hours later, she messaged me and said - "The prayer worked!"  She not only had the energy to clean the entire place, but had extra energy to do a few other projects.  This was a modern-day-miracle for her.

I do pray for her family members as well - to truly desire to know and seek after God's truth!

Today's takeaway:  there is a very good reason why we are told to pray - not only for unbelievers - but for our fellow Christians and spiritual leaders, that they will all remain steadfast in God's will.  Even the apostle Paul requested prayer!

If we are not helping to build up God's kingdom, then our efforts will be used to try to tear down God's kingdom - and that - is working within Satan's desire, which is to keep all people away from God and the truth...

(1 Timothy 2:1-8)  First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time. For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying) as a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.
Therefore I want the men in every place to pray, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and dissension.

(Ephesians 6:18-24)  With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints, 19 and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
21 But that you also may know about my circumstances, how I am doing, Tychicus, the beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, will make everything known to you. 22 I have sent him to you for this very purpose, so that you may know about us, and that he may comfort your hearts.
23 Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Grace be with all those who love our Lord Jesus Christ with incorruptible love.

No comments: