Tuesday, February 21, 2023

today's meditation (Zech.5) Dealing with Evil

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Zechariah 5:1-11) Then I raised my eyes again and looked, and behold, there was a flying scroll. 2 And he said to me, “What do you see?” And I said, “I see a flying scroll; its length is twenty cubits, and its width ten cubits.” 3 Then he said to me, “This is the curse that is going forth over the face of the entire land; everyone who steals certainly will be purged away according to the writing on one side, and everyone who swears falsely will be purged away according to the writing on the other side. 4 I will make it go forth,” declares the Lord of armies, “and it will enter the house of the thief and the house of the one who swears falsely by My name; and it will spend the night within that house and destroy it with its timber and stones.”

5 Then the angel who had been speaking with me went out and said to me, “Now raise your eyes and see what this is that is going forth.” 6 And I said, “What is it?” Then he said, “This is the ephah going forth.” Again he said, “This is their appearance in all the land. 7 And behold, a lead cover was lifted up.” He continued, “And this is a woman sitting inside the ephah.” 8 Then he said, “This is Wickedness!” And he thrust her into the middle of the ephah and threw the lead weight on its opening. 9 Then I raised my eyes and looked, and there two women were coming out with the wind in their wings; and they had wings like the wings of the stork, and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heavens. 10 So I said to the angel who was speaking with me, “Where are they taking the ephah?” 11 Then he said to me, “To build a temple for her in the land of Shinar; and when it is prepared, she will be set there on her own pedestal.”


TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
Evil begets evil, but the sovereign Lord allows a certain amount to happen which accomplishes certain tasks and events, because evil is also self-destructive.  He also allows these things to happen because He is loving and just.  He has created everyone with a free will.  It wouldn't be love if He forced people to love Him.  Sadly, there are many people who hate God and hate people.  As well, there are people who just want to do things their own way, and therefore completely disregard God and His way.  
When and where the Lord sees fit, He banishes, exiles and allows the consequences of one's actions.  But one day, at the end of the Tribulation, the Lord will get rid of all evil from the earth (at the end of the Tribulation).  During the Millennium, the Lord will bring about immediate justice on the earth.  And at the end of the thousand years, He will fairly judge all unbelievers according to their sins.  
As for all believers, because all our sins have been forgiven, we will be judged and rewarded according to the good deeds we have done with right motives, which are deeds done in God's strength and righteousness, and to His glory.  Until then, here on earth, the Lord does allow consequences to fall on us when we sin.  Because He loves us, we will not lose our salvation, but He will discipline us in order for us to confess and return to Him.  
God also allows tests and trials in our lives so that as we trust and rely on Him, we will see how faithful and good He is.  If we never go through anything, how could we tell anyone that God is always there for us?  How could we know that for ourselves?  So going through these challenges helps us grow in our confidence and faith in the Lord.  We know that we live in a fallen world because mankind chose sin over God.  
(Romans 8:28)  And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

No comments: