Friday, June 3, 2022

today's meditation (Is.12) j.4

(Dear Lord Jesus, guide me and give me insight as I read and study Your word, and let it be the meditation of my heart...)

(Isaiah 12:1-6)
Then you will say on that day,“
     I will give thanks to You, Lord;
     For although You were angry with me,
     Your anger is turned away,
     And You comfort me.
2   Behold, God is my salvation,
     I will trust and not be afraid;
     For the Lord God is my strength and song,
     And He has become my salvation.”
3   Therefore you will joyously draw water 
     From the springs of salvation.
4   And on that day you will say,
     “Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name.
     Make known His deeds among the peoples;
     Make them remember that His name is exalted.”
5   Praise the Lord in song, for He has done glorious things;
     Let this be known throughout the earth.
6   Rejoice and shout for joy, you inhabitant of Zion,
     For great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel.

TODAY'S THOUGHTS AND MEDITATION:
God's amazing love and grace is demonstrated in this chapter as it simply describes His salvation!
- we are born sinners
- when we seek God's forgiveness, we are saved from His wrath
- in His salvation, we are citizens of "Zion" (of God's heavenly kingdom)
- in His salvation, He comforts us and gives us His strength
- we can trust and not be afraid
- therefore, we should praise and exalt Him, sing out our joy, and be so very thankful
- therefore, we should thirst to know Him more and daily drink from His living water by studying His word, and drawing closer to Him
- therefore, we should call on Him all the time, for everything
- and we should want to share the gospel message with others, all in His strength to His glory!
It is so great that the Lord wants us to have a close relationship with Him, and has provided the way!

No comments: