Saturday, August 10, 2013

Faith is Relying on God

Matthew 19:26 “And looking at them Jesus said to them, ‘With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.’”

 Romans 1:20 “For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.”

 Hebrews 11:3 “By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible.”

I remember back to the times of struggles and pleading with God to help me just get through something – and to “give me a break, already”, because I had felt I had learned enough for the time being.   It is good to be honest with God and work out that faith.  What’s even better is actually learning the lessons.  Sometimes that means hindsight.  Because lately, I’ve been wondering why things seem so peaceful – and when will the “shoes start to drop?”  When will my next test from God come?   And then I realize that I’m actually going through a few struggles even as I write this.   Awesome!  And I really mean that.

What I have learned is to REALLY put my faith in God, and trust HIM to take care of things.   Let God do everything for me.  My faith is something very real, which is based on knowledge, as well as solid evidence.   I am not putting my faith “in my faith” – I am putting my faith in a God who is all-powerful! – In a God who created me with a purpose and loves me so very much!!!

No comments: